Why Should You Choose Woodland Cal Ripken Youth Baseball?
- Our T-Ball program starts at age 3.
- Our Farm program (ages 5-6) utilizes “coach pitch” instead of a machine so players get used to hitting live pitching.
- Our Rookie program (ages 7-8) uses “kid pitch” and introduces stealing bases by allowing second and third base steals.
- Our Minors program (ages 9-10) is all “kid pitch” and allows kids to steal all bases.
- Our Major program offers the closest thing to “Major League baseball” for players aged 11 and 12. The games are played on a 70’ base path with the pitcher’s mound set 50’ from home plate. Base runners are allowed to lead off. The pitcher can pick off, balk calls are enforced by the umpire, and the ball is live on a dropped strike three.
- We end the season with a double elimination tournament for the rookie, minor, and major divisions.
- We participate in FIVE different all-star tournaments – 8 and under, 9U, 10U, 11U, and 12U. All our top players of each age play together on one team. There is opportunity for our league to send multiple teams for each age group on any given season.
- All levels of All Stars start at the State level and the winner advances to the Regional.
- The 10U & 12U Regional winners advance to the World Series which varies in location from year to year.
2005, 2008 & 2011 State Champions